1. Blogging allows you to meet interesting new people that you would not ordinarily meet and it is a great tool for introducing yourself to others.
2. Blogging is a great way to get attention to the cause of Christ and share information about your personal mission. In the last two years that I have had my blog I have averaged about 1,500 visitors a month to my blog and with each one I have had the chance to share insights about my personal relationship with Jesus Christ. My blog has greatly enhanced my personal ability to be a witness and share the testimony of my walk with Jesus Christ.
3. Blogging is a means of self documentation. A blog helps you document many of the facets of your personal life. It is a tool to help you express what you are experiencing, believing and feeling at a given point in time. I value my blog because it is a valuable personal resource and an online record of my life that I can easily go back to and reference later.
4. Blogging helps you leave a legacy. I write because I love writing and my blog will survive allowing my kid and grandkids to see a different side of me. I wouldn’t mind writing a book someday, but until then my blog is something I am proud of that is a compilation of my beliefs, experiences, thoughts and creativity.
5. Blogging can be a team sport: you can get a lot of people in a community involved in blogging and when the interaction starts it can be really fun. Blogging is simple to do and doesn’t require a lot of technological genius to get started. A great side benefit is that it is easily accessible to a wide range of people. When I started blogging I was not very computer savvy, but in no time at all I had learned the ropes and I was reaping the benefits.
6. Blogging helps you become better at using words. Writing is much more comfortable than speaking for a lot of people. When writing we can think without the pressure of having “the immediate right words” to say. The written word, plus current technology gives us the opportunity to go back and edit statements. In my life the opportunity to undo and amend my thoughts before communicating them has been a big plus
7. Blogging is a vehicle that can be used to declare your personal dream or vision. What I blog tends to be a declaration of what I believe is the right attitude to have, the right way to behave or the right thing to do. My posts reflect what I am dreaming of and the way I wish things were. While writing is much easier than doing, recording things in an organized way is a definite step towards pin pointing and actualizing the dream that is in one’s heart.
8. Blogging expands your personal horizons. Blogging not only allows you to share stories about your expertise, but it also gives you the opportunity to post photos, videos, and audios fairly easily and the creative options are endless. Blogging has given my readers a multimedia experience with me!
9. Blogging gives you an audience of supporters and detractors. If your mission, dream or vision has a passionate edge to it, a blog has the ability to join you with supporters, which validates your cause. And on the other hand a blog also supplies you with access to a pool of detractors giving them a place to voice their concerns and opinions. It is important to be in touch with supporters and detractors because this can only serve to hone your focus and sharpen your reasoning abilities and skills.
10. Finally, blogging will cause you to have to learn more. It is a richer life when you are constantly on the lookout for more opportunities to learn, more insights to be gathered and more wisdom to be shared.
These are some of the reasons I blog. How has blogging been beneficial to your life? Please feel free to comment.